Thursday 25 November 2010

This week's thanksgivings!

John H Armstrong, in his post "Thanksgiving",  writes:

A friend of mine recently received counsel from a minister who had gone through a very, very hard time. The minister urged my friend to take time at the beginning of each day to list twenty items for true thanks. My friend says this practice has done as much as anything he has ever done to transform his mind and heart.

Some folks do a regular, once-a-week list, on their blog.  Maybe a list of their favorite blog posts of the week, or of events in their life, or a list of birthdays of famous people for that week.  I'm thinking, I really need to be more thankful.  I have so much to be thankful for.  So here starts my once-a-week-thankfulness-list (though maybe I'll not be sticking to "20"):

Things I'm thankful for in the past week:

  • My daughter and her 5 1/2 month old son came to visit us all the way from Alberta-land.  We had a wonderful time.
  • While they were here, we had some great family times together with them and with another daughter, son-in-law, and their two kidlings (7 months, and 2 years), and our son, who live in our town.
  • I choked on my supper one night and swallowed a lot of liquid into my lungs.  I couldn't breathe and choked, spluttered, up-chucked, got really scared.  But my care-aide hubby used his first aid skills, and prayed, and I survived!  Thanks to both my hubby and Father.
  • It's winter!  And we have snow!  Yes! yes! yes! :-)
  • I got a lovely warm pair of corduroy pants, perfect for this chilly weather (wind chill to minus thirty Celcius)
  • Five local churches have opened their doors to my street church family, feeding them and giving them a warm place to stay on these very cold nights.
  • I'm really beginning to feel ALIVE again these days after a long kind-of-dark period.  And Father is opening my eyes more and more to how He wants me to walk in relationship with Him.  Including this whole blogging experience.  Wooh!
  • That long, kind-of-dark period, has taught me a lot about what it really means to rest in Father's love.
  • We have snow!!! Yay!!! Oh, did I say that already?  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!  Oh yeah!


Thank You, Father!

Happy thanksgiving all you American folks!  Blessings!

No comments: