Friday 12 November 2010

early morning day-mare (vs nightmare: I was awake - I think..)

12 November 2010

Woke up early this morning.  Wide awake but didn't want to crawl out from my ultra-cozy bed.  I was thinking about this and that.  Including street church.  Which led to thinking about the 4 dozen eggs I boil for each Sunday morning gathering. Bizarre, right?  Then, even more bizarre, I began to compose verse.  Bad verse.  Very scary.  Which convinced me to get up after all, and face the day.  In a hurry.

Oh.  In case you're wondering, here's the ditty I was composing.  You can even sing it - to the tune of "The Monster Mash."

Eggs hard-boiled
4 dozen eggs hard-boiled
Eggs hard-boiled
O'er steaming pots she toiled
Eggs hard boiled
The water rolled and roiled
Eggs hard boiled!

Very very scary...  :-)

No comments: