Saturday 28 August 2010

Spooning sin

I suppose because I have a degree in geography, the title of Jonathan Acuff's blog post, "Forgetting 1 Geography Lesson" caught my eye, and I just had to take a look (thanks to Jason Petermann for posting the link).

Well, it turned out to be a great post, just as Jason promised.  Here's a clip:

Come on, sin doesn’t parachute into our lives like that. I wish it did, but it doesn’t. Sin is typically a death by a thousand cuts. It’s not a catapult moment. Not for us, and not all throughout the Bible.

That’s how life works sometimes. We tend to turn “near” into “in.” We spoon sin for a time. We flirt with it. But eventually, we give in. Emotional affairs tend to turn into physical affairs. Small pockets of gossip turn into gallons of malice. Cheating mutates into stealing. The little things give birth to the big.
Like Jason said, it's important. You want to read it.  (here)

No comments: