Friday 15 January 2010

hospitality...

January 15, 2010

Luke 9:4 Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that city. (Whatever happened to good old hospitality? It is, after all, a gift of the Spirit… and a manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness… etc… all aspects of hospitality…). If we were all hospitable to visiting evangelists etc, and to church members (leaders and others alike; every member of the body) … not to mention to the world around us… boy, our churches – and our world – would surely be changed for the better (turned upside down!), wouldn’t it? Papa?

(I’m still feeling kind of stunned by a conversation I overheard in which having a “church building” instead of meeting in homes, was defended, because supposedly our homes are our, well, “private sanctuaries” …. Oh Papa, may I never say or feel that about my home… please…) (oh dear, am I being judgmental???) (Papa?)

No comments: