Saturday 26 December 2009

Love being part of the street family!

December 21, 2009

I’ve been impatient lately – wanting to “figure things out, understand them… but knowing at the same time that YOU ARE IN CHARGE – O dear God, please help me to just REST AND TRUST IN YOU!!!

December 23, 2009

On Tuesday I took my scissors to the street ministry coffee time to cut one guy’s hair – and ended up doing 3! They were all delighted! What a great Christmas gift to me – YOU helped me do a great job! Thank You! By the time I finished, all the other guys had left the tables at the kitchen end, and had moved down to the end by the door (where I was doing the hair cutting because the light was better), to watch us and cheer us on! Pastor P was taking pics!

I love being part of that family. All the street guys and gals apparently have places to stay now that the weather is so cold… but they still keep coming for morning coffee (and Sunday breakfast) in good numbers… for the camaraderie – and the Lord, I believe! Though they also like the baked goodies and stuff I bring, lol! Pastor P did barbequed hamburgers for Sunday breakfast, and so I brought along lots of sliced dill pickles, in addition to the ketchup, mustard and relish they usually have. Most people wouldn’t think that was a big deal, but to these guys it was a treat. And for Monday coffee time I made fresh peach cobbler, which they also really appreciated. Oh, and on Sunday I also brought those little cocktail wieners, which I wrapped in home made dough and baked… they really love those! And they never tire of boiled eggs… Always a great reception – and it’s so great for me: really helps to alleviate my empty nest syndrome 

No comments: