Monday 1 January 2018

New Year 2018

I'm back ...

Well, actually I never was away, but the past 4 months have been incredibly busy with my Pen And Paper Mama Services business (tutoring and editing) and family responsibilities.

But I've been pretty faithfully following my "read through the Bible in a year" schedule (6 chapters a day, divided into the following sections: Genesis - Ruth; 1 Samuel - Job; Psalms - Song of Songs; Isaiah - Malachi; Matthew - Acts; Romans - Revelation). I also have personal daily prayers (which I outlined on here earlier in 2017), and I read and/or sing 2 to 3 hymns a day from the "Hymns of Faith and Life" hymnal (of the Free Methodist and Wesleyan churches). This summer I started doing "The Divine Hours" following the Prayer Manuals compiled by Phyllis Tickle (I highly recommend them). During Advent, I followed 2 Advent booklets.

For 2018, I will continue to follow the above plan, except that for this year, I will follow a "Thematic" plan which I am really looking forward to.

I also continue to "journal" -- not as regularly as I'd like, but hope to do so more regularly in this new year.

I have continued to gather with a group of believers at a small house church in our community--but have also been attending a local Anglican church sometimes (the more traditional service), and have also explored Eastern Orthodoxy and discussed Roman Catholicism with my aunt. I am happy to find that there are true believers in all these groups (as well as the other denominations I have attended during my life, as I've moved from small town to small town--Alliance, Free Methodist, Faith Gospel, Nazarene, Pentecostal, Mennonite Brethren, Baptist, etc. What a rich heritage the church of Jesus has, if only we keep our eyes focused on Him.

I look forward to sharing more of my journey here, and welcome your comments--let's have a great conversation!





No comments: