Thursday 8 December 2016

Only God Never Fails

(journaled April 16, 2016)

"...on any venture of faith ... Nothing will fall out as you expect. Your guide will keep to no beaten path. He will lead you by a way such as you never dreamed your eyes would look upon. He knows no fears, and He expects you to fear nothing while He is with you." (Streams in the Desert, April 16)

I have not been able to "summon up" feelings of faith. I often have not been able to overcome my "reasoning," whether that means to believe in promises or to accept troubles or whatever. I have often been unable to "just stand on the promises of the Word of God."

But even in my darkest moments, I have known God is real, He's with me, and along the way, I realized He really does love me. I can trust Him to do what He knows is best--and let Him go ahead because I have finally learned (most of the time), that all my best reasonings and feelings and actions are short-sighted and based on narrow vision and erred perceptions, while He sees all and knows all and loves perfectly. I can trust Him. Period.

Sometimes (too often) it does seem to me that His "promises" fail ... but that's what comes of "standing on the promises" instead of standing on Him. He knows all. In the end, His promises do not fail. But in the short term, with my limited vision, they "appear" to have failed. He sees all and fits all together into His perfect will.

Oh, and thank goodness He doesn't always "answer my prayers" or respond to my "claims upon His promises" in the way I had hoped--because I am so often wrong. Yes, hindsight is 20-20, and I've lived long enough to understand how wrong I can be, even as I think I am "standing on the Word" or whatever. Only God never fails. Only He is perfect love, judge, light, bread--and yes, reason.

No comments: