Monday 18 May 2009

needing Your body

May 7, 2009

Feeling so much better today... is it "just" getting off to an awesome start with You, Papa? (I went to coffee time - just full of happiness - actually, joy! I felt like dancing! Walking there, chatting, walking home. Even if it was cold and gray out... At first I was thinking it was my mocha... but I realized it was with me before that... then I realized it was You! Holy Spirit! Father! Jesus! Just as I asked!) And spending time with Your people? .... Looking forward to coffee tonight with ___ and ___ and hubby!

When I told hubby this morning that I was going to coffee time "because I need time with adults," he said, "Aren't I good enough?" ... and I pointed out.... "You have time with adults every day at work!" and he said, "Oh yeah...

But it's not just that. I still long for that NT church "meeting daily from home to home." I miss friends (Your family!). (I miss music, too, and sharing Your Word, and sharing Your walk. I miss mutual encouragement, and yes, accountability... okay, I'm not sure "miss" is the right word... because there were a lot of times before when there wasn't much of that, after all... but I kept hoping for it, longing for it, hanging it there believing it would really come some day... sometimes there were really bright moments! Thank You for them! So yes, I do miss those! And I long for all of that - because it is what Your Word promises, right? It's what the early church experienced, isn't it? And it should be true for us too, shouldn't it? Lord? Please?!?!! )...

When I was walking home, I was humming (in my head!) that song, "I love to be in Your presence with Your people, singing praises; I love to sing and rejoice, lift my hands and raise my voice.... You put my feet to dancing...!" Wow, I really did want to literally dance in the street! Well, at least I was flinging my arms out and smiling ear to ear!

May 9, 2009

Psa 26:12... in the great assembly I will praise the LORD.... (I feel like I'm "cut off" from "the great assembly" ... whatever that is...)

Isa 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You (I remember it this way: Thou will keep him in PERFECT PEACE whose MIND IS STAYED ON THEE, because he TRUSTETH IN THEE... Yes! That's right! Thank You Lord!).... v8 ... your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.... v9. My soul yearns for YOU in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for YOU!... Isa 26:12 LORD, You establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished You have done for us...

Father, ___ is anxious that I should "attend church" .... as she correctly says, we need the support of Your people - after all, it's YOUR church, YOUR body... and so I do, Father, even if maybe there is "system" involved.... not sure what to think/ do/ be... oh Papa, I love being with You... but You were the one who initiated Your church family/ body... and I need that too... in Your way, plan, place, whatever. Please open my eyes and heart to let me see where YOU want me to BE with You and Your people... Thank You! Amen!

No comments: