Tuesday 2 May 2017

prayers 5



(During the next weeks or so, I'll be sharing some of my "daily prayers." Some parts are in my own words, some are quoted from other sources. I'll be leaving out personal names and details. Today is #5)

I pray for churches: I pray for your church worldwide. I pray for unity and love and that your good news will be shared and taught and spread. I pray for your church here in my community—for all the churches that follow you. I pray for the "churches" that have beliefs that do not truly honour Jesus as Lord and Savior. 

I pray for believers who have become cynical and turned to other beliefs or to atheism or agnosticism because of their wrong understanding of You, because of the sad behaviours of Christians, or because of their own rebellion against you. Please draw people away from Satan’s falsehoods. Please! I pray for myself, too, that any moment I start following a false path, even just a little, that you will clearly, deeply reveal it to me, and help me turn right away to follow you alone, Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit. Help me look only and always unto Jesus, the one Way, Truth and Life, and the author and finisher of my faith!

I pray, Lord God, that you will guide all of us into your truth and love, in our words, actions, thoughts, and attitudes. Please draw us and unite our spirits with Your Spirit. Be our guide, and help us, help me, trust in and follow Jesus alone. Help us grow deep into You.

Lord God, I pray for all people who are following “spirituality” or “religion” or “dogma.” Help them to turn to and come to know the real You, Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit. I pray for those of all religions (including Christianity) or those who spurn religion, to really find You, dear God. I pray that you reveal Yourself clearly to them, Jesus, and reveal Yourself to the rest of us, all of us, too, whatever path we are following. Help us all to leave false paths and turn, convert, repent. Help us to come to God through Your shed blood and believing in You, the one Way, Truth and Life, dear Jesus. I pray that You will reveal yourself and draw all hearts to You, for you are not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. Draw us unto You, dear Jesus, please!

I pray for "ministries" that reach out to the poor, and for all the helpers and guests. I pray for all people who help the poor because they love you. I pray for the poor. I pray also for other kinds of ministries and for all your children who follow you and serve you in whatever way you lead them. Help us to support each other and not criticise those who serve you in ways different from the ways we serve. 

No comments: