There was a time when I was an active blog reader and commenter. But in the past year I went through some issues that made it really difficult for me to interact through reading and writing.
However, I did try to keep an eye on some awesome blogs via Google Reader. Although I found it hard to focus on reading, and almost impossible to comment at the time, I did copy posts that I thought I would someday like to read and think about when I could focus more clearly. The time has come!
So yesterday I went through my saved posts and organized them into topics. Oh my goodness. I have fifty folders. And I also have 3 dozen articles saved that speak to the issues I raised in my post yesterday. :-)
Just reading through them has been a big help, but I also want to share what I've learned in case there are others out there who are facing some of the same issues I have mentioned, such as:
- separation from church family members (for whatever reasons);
- missing the security and comfort that institutional forms of church offered but not wanting to go back there
- feeling like you're in a wilderness
- disappointment in seeing a close church family community seem to be drifting away from spiritual emphasis
- longing to serve
- feeling like the serving that you are doing right now is inadequate or ineffective or whatever.
Keep posted. I'm so delighted to be back!